Webstat Free Counter Tracker
Headlines: In Paris, feeling a bit like "Paul West"... (September 27th, 2007, 11:46am) *
NBA Preview and brief weekend recap - French Connection (formerly known as London Connection)

« Home | Diary of a Champion: Part I » | Barça takes over in Paris, wins Champions League!!! » | Spain Squad for the World Cup confirmed » | One night at a London Theatre with Jeremy Irons » | EL SEVILLA CAMPEÓN DE LA UEFA » | ROAD TO GERMANY: Part I » | Quick NBA Playoffs Round2 preview » | Cool links » | ROAD TO GERMANY (part I) » | BARÇA WINS LA LIGA (TWO IN A ROW!!!) » 

Monday, May 22, 2006 

NBA Preview and brief weekend recap

The Clippers just have to pull this one off and advance to the next round. Nothing against the Suns but I just feel the Clippers have the better team and Brand is playing just so well, he´s basically been unstoppable in the Conference Semifinals scoring 30 PPG, along with 10.7 boards and 3.5(!) blocks, while shooting close to 60%(!!!) from the field!!! He´s even been dishing out close to 5 assists per game, are you kidding me? I´m on the Elton Brand bandwagon, have always been, actually, since he joined the Clippers... Then there´s Cassell, who´s been f*cking unbelievable at his 36 years of age, Maggette, who´s kicked some a$$ off the bench, Mr. "Great Expectations", 2nd year PG Livingston, who´s been living up to his talent and defensive stopper Ross... Even two "usual suspects" of underperforming or worse, performing when it doesn´t matter, have been ok. Add Kaman, who´s maybe not the best center for a Suns series, and we might have the most complete NBA Playoff roster...

So my vote goes to the Clippers and a 129-127 win tonight.
->May 23 update: Suns 127-Clippers 107... Clippers out! Oh well, at least I got the Suns score right :) (Brand 36/9 for the night...)

As for the other game, if both could loose it´d be ok with me as well but I´m sticking with the Mavs here. The Spurs have looked to "up and down" in this Playoffs and they´ve needed every bit tu pull off most of their wins. A solid game by Dallas tonight and it´s bye bye champions.
-> May 23 update: yep, Dallas kicked the defending Champs out!!! (Nowtizki was awesome 37/15 but so was Duncan with... 41!!!!! points)

As for the weekend, two movies:

The Da Vinci Code which was crap. First of all the book is much better, and secondly the ending of the movie is even worse than the book one, which is quite something to say!!! Maybe it´s just that I watched the movie too shortly after having read the novel... Anyway I made the following statement when we were just walking out "Now that´s the best movie I´ve ever seen!!!" which immediately led to a couple of spectators turning around in disbelief. "Just kidding, everyone chill" ;)
Then, on a boring Sunday afternoon, I had the "pleasure" to watch Stage Beauty with Clare Danes and Billy Crudup. Yep, I´m running out of romantic flicks, as I´ve told you already... It was a so so movie about theatre, defining one´s sexuality, Crudup, (who´s a good actor by the way), and being the first of her kind, Danes, who has the honour of becoming the first actress on a London theatre stage... Rupert Everett is cool as King Charls II.
Nothing really spectacular apart from that fdro the weekend. Lots of sleeping and a bit of Erovision, sad, sad I know...

Labels:

About me

  • Bonjour, I'm Marco, welcome to my little place on the Internet.
  • I started this blog when I arrived in London in early 2006, hence the name “london-connection”. In the meantime I have moved to Paris, after a short stint in Geneva. I like to write about silly stuff, about sports, travelling and going out… just about everything that crosses my mind, actually. The little things that spice life up a bit.
  • I hope you enjoy the trip...
My profile

Visitors

    Thanx for your visit and hope to see you again, soon!

    eXTReMe Tracker