Webstat Free Counter Tracker
Headlines: In Paris, feeling a bit like "Paul West"... (September 27th, 2007, 11:46am) *
Helsingfors, here we come... finally! - French Connection (formerly known as London Connection)

« Home | Toine & The Truth... the good ol' days » | Tube Thoughts and Opportunity Cost Theories - Catc... » | Los Nikis - El imperio contraatacaUtterly hilariou... » | 10. September - Canterbury Cathedral » | 9. Septmeber - The new flatmate » | 8. September - Weird pic » | 7. September - Pic » | Most deseperate job application... ever? » | 6. September - Pic du jour » | 5. September - Picture of the Day » 

Friday, September 22, 2006 

Helsingfors, here we come... finally!

... yep, I'll finally be covering the second last destination on a “places I want to go to soon” list I made at some point back in the early 2000’s which included: Stockholm, Copenhague, Rome, Florence, Helsinki and (yet to visit) Reykjavik… Just randomly decided last night to travel there from Saturday morning till late Sunday afternoon with my uncle, who’s actually on a 1-week vacation in London, if that makes sense at all… :) In the words of my mum "Spinned er?!?" which translates to "are you nuts or what?!?". Oh well...
I’ve always wanted to go to Finland since I was 12 and my lifetime mate (since we were about 2 or 3...) Simon and me were in this Summer Camp in Degen (CH) and we got to know these two Suomi chicks called Natasha (him) and Satu (me). First summer love and stuff like that, you know… Probably one of the Top-3 summers of my life still!!! It was awesome now that I think of it. I kept in touch with that young lady until about 1995 and then heard back from her again in 1998. Since then, zilch. It is sort of stupid but now that I think of it, it would have been cool to meet up again, although, after so many years, the first impression could be quite shocking. From “sweet blonde innocent girl” to who the f*ck knows… But it’d still be cool :)

Other than that. Too many loooooong nights in the past couple of weeks, I feel pretty much knackered. Lots of visits, crazy nights, like last Saturday with my mate Jaime in Pangea (phewww), lots of chatting (+ wine) with my flatmate… And in 10 days my mate Israel and his girlfriend are coming, so you figure it out… Next Friday is also already pretty much booked out for a night out in Movida (posh of the poshs). Everything’s a bit wearing out, although fun, I must admit.
Then also, next week I should know something more about my job, hopefully but we’ll see… I’ll keep you posted.

Back to work then

Labels:

About me

  • Bonjour, I'm Marco, welcome to my little place on the Internet.
  • I started this blog when I arrived in London in early 2006, hence the name “london-connection”. In the meantime I have moved to Paris, after a short stint in Geneva. I like to write about silly stuff, about sports, travelling and going out… just about everything that crosses my mind, actually. The little things that spice life up a bit.
  • I hope you enjoy the trip...
My profile

Visitors

    Thanx for your visit and hope to see you again, soon!

    eXTReMe Tracker