Webstat Free Counter Tracker
Headlines: In Paris, feeling a bit like "Paul West"... (September 27th, 2007, 11:46am) *
Busy, busy - French Connection (formerly known as London Connection)

« Home | Diary of a Champion: Part II » | Conference Finals Picks » | NBA Preview and brief weekend recap » | Diary of a Champion: Part I » | Barça takes over in Paris, wins Champions League!!! » | Spain Squad for the World Cup confirmed » | One night at a London Theatre with Jeremy Irons » | EL SEVILLA CAMPEÓN DE LA UEFA » | ROAD TO GERMANY: Part I » | Quick NBA Playoffs Round2 preview » 

Thursday, June 01, 2006 

Busy, busy

Not much action in my blog as of lately... Been home a few days and now work is killing me!! specially yesterday, when I was about to throw my laptop out of the window... I'll be posting again this weekend, hopefully.

Interesting things that have happened these past few days:

- The Bank Holiday weekend in Madrid was cool. It's always nice going back home. Met some friends, partied a bit (a bit too much on Friday...), the usual stuff... The weather was sunny and hot, "same" as in the UK basically... Oh, and the first night, in the first Club, there was a guy who resembled the new look of a botoxed Axl Rose. Aweeeeeeeeesome!!!!!!! Too bad our ol' Axl actually lookes a bit f*cked these days :(


- Pernia replaces del Horno on the national team, that's awesome!!! Del Horno is overrated and his defensive effort is not even average (just ask Mourinho...). Now lets hope Luis doesn't decide to start Antonio Lopez as our left back. Then again, Pernia is just about to join our World Cup squad like 12 days before we face the Ukraine in our first game, which makes me wonder why we don't have a stand-by list as England, for example... Especially considering players ALWAYS get injured before a big tournament! Whatever...

- NBA Playoffs still underway... What the Suns are doing (2-2 vs Dallas) with a 6-man rotation, no big men and playing high speed every game, is beyond reality!!! These guys must be about to collapse collectively any time soon... I just hope they can keep up with their amazing run a few more games, though. Put my $$$ on them to win the title some time back, in August'05.
By the way, anyone missing Amare? Hmmmmmmm...
And then there's Dwyane Wade, who's shooting 0.666(!!!) on the Pistons in a Conference Finals!!! ... And he's averaging 30 points per game. That is SICK!

- This thing about taking planes at around 7am is sh*t. Second time in the past few weeks, last Tuesday... First I almost missed my flight because BA said they had closed the gate when I arrived at the check-in desk. Yeah sure... Then the early morning delkays du jour. What the f*ck?!?!?! How can be delays on the first planes that basically leave an airport in the early morning? Not to mention that the flights to and from London are always packed!!! At least the BA stuff is cool!!! Like'em!!!

- Switzerland 1 - Italy 1. Very young lineup by Kobi Kuhn... Still, decent performance by the soon-to-beat-France-in-the-opening-game Swiss team. That'd be a shocker! :)


More to follow...

Labels:

About me

  • Bonjour, I'm Marco, welcome to my little place on the Internet.
  • I started this blog when I arrived in London in early 2006, hence the name “london-connection”. In the meantime I have moved to Paris, after a short stint in Geneva. I like to write about silly stuff, about sports, travelling and going out… just about everything that crosses my mind, actually. The little things that spice life up a bit.
  • I hope you enjoy the trip...
My profile

Visitors

    Thanx for your visit and hope to see you again, soon!

    eXTReMe Tracker