Webstat Free Counter Tracker
Headlines: In Paris, feeling a bit like "Paul West"... (September 27th, 2007, 11:46am) *
But lovers always come and lovers always go... - French Connection (formerly known as London Connection)

« Home | Mega-roundup » | Mancini... oh la la » | Good things happen to good girls... or maybe not... » | Quick thoughts » | Gerald Green wins Slam Dunk Contest » | Reviewing Germany... and its music... » | Carnival celebrations to start today... Altweiber!! » | Man in the Middle » | Another brief roundup » | Windsor Castle... » 

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 

But lovers always come and lovers always go...

... and no one's really sure who's letting go today... walking away... and along these lines I welcome you the third edition of my always bewildering "Tube Thoughts"...

OK, after all the crazy megamix from yesterday, back to some serious reflections. Someone asked me the other day what I believed could lead a couple to split up. I didn’t really know what to answer, but analytical as I am, or think I am, I came up with three criteria that I believe have the most influence on couples splitting up…

Distance - Just forgetting about the other person slowly but steadily and starting to appreciate one’s “other life” without the partner (the official one that is) much more. This one could be genuinely described as “The Classic”… and actually one probably won’t ever admit he/she’s is ready for a long distance relationship until it is too late and it inexplicably happens… again… Be warned!

Pride - Having one argument, another one, a third one (red alert!!!)… and not feeling the will to get back to that other person in order to try to sort things out… but rather just letting the whole thing fall apart slowly and secretly… This one should possibly be named the “Luis Aragonés case”, after the Spanish football manager, because that’s how it feels supporting our national team, like everything is slowly (or rather not so) falling apart and no one gives a crap anymore. No, seriously… I feel cheated and desenchanté!

Miscommunication - These are things one does “not on purpose” (not even realizing it) but happen to hurt the partner or disrupt a rather fluent relationship. Why is this bad? Because it implies one does not know the partner well enough, otherwise, why would one part be hurt for what the other does "not do on purpose". OK, this sounds confusing but picture it this way, lets’ put an example:
You happen to be a person that doesn’t like when your partner [insert your own worries] and you sort of make that point clear. But he/she does it again and again, apparently "not on purpose", but just because it happens. You feel discouraged, worried... hurt. The cycle repeats itself… One day you call it a game… and finito it is! There’s no other way to call this case other than: “London Underground” (lack of communication, it happens again, and again, and again and one day you flip out! I'm actually about two more "signal failures, fires and late drivers" away of pulling a "Michael Douglas in Falling Down"... I'm just letting you know in case you read my name in the papers one day)

Labels:

About me

  • Bonjour, I'm Marco, welcome to my little place on the Internet.
  • I started this blog when I arrived in London in early 2006, hence the name “london-connection”. In the meantime I have moved to Paris, after a short stint in Geneva. I like to write about silly stuff, about sports, travelling and going out… just about everything that crosses my mind, actually. The little things that spice life up a bit.
  • I hope you enjoy the trip...
My profile

Visitors

    Thanx for your visit and hope to see you again, soon!

    eXTReMe Tracker