Webstat Free Counter Tracker
Headlines: In Paris, feeling a bit like "Paul West"... (September 27th, 2007, 11:46am) *
Español - Zaragoza: The Final Fight for the COPA DEL REY (with update) - French Connection (formerly known as London Connection)

« Home | Weekend summary » | Road to the World Cup: Spain names 33-player squad » | Link of the Day: Let the Intern run the show!!! » | Champions League Review... and Preview » | BARÇA IS THROUGH!! » | Picture of the Day: Samuel Sánchez (cyclist) » | Sports roundup: VILLAREAL makes history!!! » | Beckham, stop being a whiner!! » | First sports post » | Too late, too late, to late too late... » 

Monday, April 10, 2006 

Español - Zaragoza: The Final Fight for the COPA DEL REY (with update)


Haven´t been able to follow these two teams too much as of lately, unfortunately. Anyway, as promised my Spanish Cup Preview, a small tribute to 2 teams who well deserved playing in the Final:

Key players: The Milito Bros., Ewerthon and Cani on Zaragoza´s side. Tamudo and Kameni (who´s been just confirmed as the starting keeper for tomorrow) and maybe even De la Peña, if he has one of "those" days for Español. (And no, I won´t mention Fredson here, J.M.)

If Zaragoza scores in the first half, I believe they would seal the game. Ewerthon could possibly kill Español on the break. If Español can held its own against the aragonese squad for 45 minutes they might have a bigger chance.
I believe Zaragoza has the better team. As for determinant players (listed above), a guy like Kameni could have a huge impact on this Final, given he is inspired. I feel he´s one of those rare keepers, who when on fire can single-handedly decide a game for his squad.
Not much more to add for now, If I can think of something i will post it tomorrow before the game.

My pick: Zaragoza wins 3-1
My dad´s pick: Zaragoza wins 2-0

Betting tip: 2-2 Draw and extra time...

Random guy you´d be happy about if any of the two teams win: Buddy Cases from Germany who´s been a lifetime Español supporter and has experienced the emotion and the magic surroundig a Final about 3 times in his live, one of them being the UEFA Cup loss to Leverkusen, which must have been as tough to swallow as it gets (well maybe except for Barça´s misfortune against Steau in Seville in 1986) a drama, I am telling you...

Possible funny moment of the night: Either watching Lotina complain about the ref. at the end of the game or seing him celebrate the victory, either one works. The first one because he always does complain (as Víctor Muñoz already pointed out) and there´s always some "spicy" comment in those speaches.
The second one because he always looks so stressed worried and has such an odd look on his face that you wonder if he would even know what to do and how to react if his team won. High comedy, I am warning you here!!

(good old Lotina)
Good luck to both! Shall the Better of the two PREVAIL!
April 12, 2006 uppppppdate:
Great atmosphere for the game in Madrid, good weather, perfect day for a Final and about 30.000 spectators arrived from zaragoza and another 23.000 from Barcelona.
I didn't do my homework correctly yesterday and overlooked Pandiani's presence on Español's squad. No, he's one of those gunners who can kill you. Watch out for him tonight. He's gonna play with a chip on his shoulder considering he's on loan for Español. A good game in the Final definitely would help raise his value for next seson considering he's not returnong to the Premier League. Expect some quality from the "Rifle" tonight.

Labels:

About me

  • Bonjour, I'm Marco, welcome to my little place on the Internet.
  • I started this blog when I arrived in London in early 2006, hence the name “london-connection”. In the meantime I have moved to Paris, after a short stint in Geneva. I like to write about silly stuff, about sports, travelling and going out… just about everything that crosses my mind, actually. The little things that spice life up a bit.
  • I hope you enjoy the trip...
My profile

Visitors

    Thanx for your visit and hope to see you again, soon!

    eXTReMe Tracker