Webstat Free Counter Tracker
Headlines: In Paris, feeling a bit like "Paul West"... (September 27th, 2007, 11:46am) *
Weekend roundup - French Connection (formerly known as London Connection)

« Home | Some Random Pictures... » | Español wins the COPA DEL REY!!! » | Español - Zaragoza: The Final Fight for the COPA D... » | Weekend summary » | Road to the World Cup: Spain names 33-player squad » | Link of the Day: Let the Intern run the show!!! » | Champions League Review... and Preview » | BARÇA IS THROUGH!! » | Picture of the Day: Samuel Sánchez (cyclist) » | Sports roundup: VILLAREAL makes history!!! » 

Saturday, April 15, 2006 

Weekend roundup

Barça beat Madrid and made it to the Euroleague Final Four. Pretty much unexpected... but hey, still nice!!!! I mean, it´s gonna be pretty tough against CSKA Moscow but still, if our backcourt has the day and Kakiouzis and Fucka can contribute we may still have a chance. You never know in a Final Four. It happened to Barça already too many times befores that they were the favourites and got kicked out in the Semi-Final, so now that they are the underdogs, who knows... I´ll keep updating on this matter.

P.S. Since I hyped Williams the other day in my post he´s been playing like crap!!! We need him big times in Prague!!!

Random thoughts:

- This city never rests. Everything was open for Easter Friday. Where´s the tradition?

- Actually, not only is everything open every day (which is sort of good when you need to buy stuff), but the streets are too crowded, too often. I was in the Knightsbridge area this afternoon and everything was so crowded, especially outside of Harrods, as if they were giving things away for free. Amazing, I am telling you... I wanted to go outside of London to see something but the wetaher´s been kinda sh*tty today so I just bought myself a pair of jeans instead. :D

- For the lads: Ariane Brodier: http://capsanimtv.com/Archives/Ariane_Brodier/Ariane.htm
She´s French but given the case (or better said the pictures) we´ll just forget about that fact... Very attractive young lady!

- Good songs these days: Gnarls (wierdest name in the world) Barkley - Crazy

- We went to Bonaparte again last night. They killlllled our momentum yet again. Dammit. I think that´s been it as for me going back to that place. yeah, the crowd is good and they have nice beers but they basically throw you out by turning the lights on (like when you had to go to school but wouldn´t wake up), and just wjen a few moments later one guy comes up with the "hey at least they didn´t turn off the music" phrase of the night you can expect the music to be gone in 5 minutes time. No respect for the customers, I am telling you!!
Nicest bar tenders so far: The two chicks at George Sports Bar (Greater Portland Street) one of them proclaiming herself "Miss Ronaldo". The thing is she apparently finds him cute, whatever... The Italian guy at Harlem would
rank second for his cocktail-making abilities. The bad thing is him and his workmate looked like the guys from rightsaidfred (http://www.rightsaidfred.com/) veeeery strange couple to say it in a soft way...

That´s it, I might even go to bed easrly today and make a trip somewhere tomorrow! Cheers

Labels:

About me

  • Bonjour, I'm Marco, welcome to my little place on the Internet.
  • I started this blog when I arrived in London in early 2006, hence the name “london-connection”. In the meantime I have moved to Paris, after a short stint in Geneva. I like to write about silly stuff, about sports, travelling and going out… just about everything that crosses my mind, actually. The little things that spice life up a bit.
  • I hope you enjoy the trip...
My profile

Visitors

    Thanx for your visit and hope to see you again, soon!

    eXTReMe Tracker