Webstat Free Counter Tracker
Headlines: In Paris, feeling a bit like "Paul West"... (September 27th, 2007, 11:46am) *
London Round up - French Connection (formerly known as London Connection)

« Home | World Cup Preview: Part I » | NBA FINALS underway » | Awesome video » | What a Goal!!! » | Random thoughts from Londinium... at 3am » | Busy, busy » | Diary of a Champion: Part II » | Conference Finals Picks » | NBA Preview and brief weekend recap » | Diary of a Champion: Part I » 

Monday, June 12, 2006 

London Round up

Not much posting as of lately, been a bit sick last weekend and also off to Germany for my first trip to the World Cup... the last one should be Berlin if everything goes according to plan!! :)
Spain beat the Ukraine 4-0 yesterday. Easy game, in part thanks to the lame Ukranians, good win, some incredible goals, considering we´re talking about the always Worlc Cup haunted Spain, and a cool venue and city. Also sunny weather so it was about perfect. We went out until 3 so when I woke up this morning at 6:30 with the "Alcooohol, alcoooohol, alcohol, alcohol, alcohol, hemos venido a emborracharnos, el resultado nos da igual" chant I was about to jump out of te balcony...
Hard trip back to London Heathrow and straight to the office. Good service by DB today for a change! The Leipzig-Berlin track apparently is one of the fastest train tracks in Europe, or that´s at least what two Swiss guys told us on our way to Leipzig. Funny guys and they made the typical Swiss "yeah coming to the Third World..." joke when they spoke of Germany which, as always, was fun! Germans, perfect target for random jokes..
In the plane I had a conversation with someone after about 8 years since my last one... All of a sudden that really cute Polish young lady started talking to me, so our conversation went on for most of the trip which was cool for many reasons:
1) she was the hottest chick in the plane, by far...
2) it´s always fun to talk to someone from a country that you don´t know much about
3) Kataryna, her name, actually turned out to be a nice chatter
4) she looked like Uma Thurman, just about 10 years younger
As I was telling, I got the flu last weekend which led to two the following exchanges:
First one with my boss on Monday:
Him:"You sure you´re OK?"
me:"Yeah man, everything´s fine, I´m still a bit f*cked but getting better..."
Him:"You sure you will be able to travel tomorrow?"
me:"... pretty sure"
Him:"Man you look horrible"
me (thinking): "yeah man, thanks for ruining my Mpnday morning even more..."
On Tuesday when he saw me his comment was "oh, at least you look human today!"
Second one with my ex CECO class-mate Sue who was in London last week and whom I by chance met getting out of the tube at my station. I mean, I knew she was coming here, but come across here randmoly at 9pm, what are the odds? Which should remind everyone not to do sh*t and think you won´t be spotted... I´m just warning you here. Well, the conversation was more or less like this:
Her: "Hey you coming out finally"
me: "agh, cough, I have the flue"
Her: "Oh, and I wanted to introduce you to my Czech friend and some other people"
me: "oooooooh :( that´s too bad"
Her: "yeah, I´ve told her I was gonna introduce her to a tall and dark haired Spaniard" (me, just in case...)
me: "Uffffffffff, Susana, don´t tell mi this stuff about your hot mate when I´m sick..."
Her: "he´s not coming he is ill"
Czech in the background: "tell him we´ll just make him feel better"
me: "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..." :.(
What else happend, oh yeah, Swiss drew 0-0 against a sorry French team. A pitty the Swiss didn´t have the guts to give i a more risky go when they were in absolute control of the game from the 60th minute. The French team is well passed its prime and you could even see Zidane(!) arguing with the likes of Gallas and Thuram on the pitch... Still, Switzerland coould have gotten more out of this game if they had someone to put the ball into the net upfront. Senderos was excellent on te Swiss side, where Barnetta and Magnin caused most of the trouble...
Not much more for now, I´m falling asleep... Laterrrr

Labels:

About me

  • Bonjour, I'm Marco, welcome to my little place on the Internet.
  • I started this blog when I arrived in London in early 2006, hence the name “london-connection”. In the meantime I have moved to Paris, after a short stint in Geneva. I like to write about silly stuff, about sports, travelling and going out… just about everything that crosses my mind, actually. The little things that spice life up a bit.
  • I hope you enjoy the trip...
My profile

Visitors

    Thanx for your visit and hope to see you again, soon!

    eXTReMe Tracker