Webstat Free Counter Tracker
Headlines: In Paris, feeling a bit like "Paul West"... (September 27th, 2007, 11:46am) *
WANTED: Konrad Plautz... - French Connection (formerly known as London Connection)

« Home | BARÇA silences SAN SIRO (0-1) » | Weekend roundup » | Some Random Pictures... » | Español wins the COPA DEL REY!!! » | Español - Zaragoza: The Final Fight for the COPA D... » | Weekend summary » | Road to the World Cup: Spain names 33-player squad » | Link of the Day: Let the Intern run the show!!! » | Champions League Review... and Preview » | BARÇA IS THROUGH!! » 

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 

WANTED: Konrad Plautz...


... for "robbing" Villarreal in its Champions League Semi-Final at Highbury (1-0 for Arsenal through clumsy Touré). For fu**s sake, if the tackle in the box on José Mari (late first half) isn´t a penalty, what then?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Bad, bad, baaaaaaad calling referee!! Which rises the obvious question:

WHY IN THIS WORLD WOULD AN AUSTRIAN REFEREE BE CALLING A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI-FINAL WHEN AUSTRIAN SOCCER SUX AND HE IS NOT USED TO THESE HIGH PREASSURE GAMES? Only the UEFA knows...

Other than that, I made it to the stadium despite my flu and thanx to CESC (who not only is a good player but also left me a ticket to pick up before the game. Many thanx!!!) and having been sitting in the North Bank, Lower Tie, I gotta admit that the die-hard Arsenal supporters are just incredible. They are damn loud and supportive, a good crowd, definitely!! They tend to shout "SHOOOOOOOT" whenever an Arsenal player gets within 200m of the goal and "CHEAAATER" when a player from the opposite team is laying on hte flor regardless how badly he might have been tackled by the "Gilbertos" on their own team, but still, they get my approval. Funny crowd, especially when a brave SQUIRREL jumped on the pitch (see picture below) and everyone stated the SQUIRREL; SQUIRREL; SQUIRREL chant. Very cool!! Much better than the fans at Stamford Bridge I have to say...



It also was Highbury´s last European competition game. So that´s another plus point for having been there. :)

As for the game: Bad day for both Forlán and Riquelme. Javi Venta, Villarreal´s right back had a nightmare of a game ("good" call Luis Aragonés). And well, Semi-Final still open but it doesn´t look bad for the gunners. I still hope for Villarreal´s resurgence though... We´ll see.

Labels:

About me

  • Bonjour, I'm Marco, welcome to my little place on the Internet.
  • I started this blog when I arrived in London in early 2006, hence the name “london-connection”. In the meantime I have moved to Paris, after a short stint in Geneva. I like to write about silly stuff, about sports, travelling and going out… just about everything that crosses my mind, actually. The little things that spice life up a bit.
  • I hope you enjoy the trip...
My profile

Visitors

    Thanx for your visit and hope to see you again, soon!

    eXTReMe Tracker