Webstat Free Counter Tracker
Headlines: In Paris, feeling a bit like "Paul West"... (September 27th, 2007, 11:46am) *
Funny e-mail... - French Connection (formerly known as London Connection)

« Home | Ramblings and "The Magic of the Potato" » | 10 Months in London, time for a Review! » | A GREAT ONE says goodbye... » | NBA to start tonight!! » | Superhero quizz » | Threatened at Stamford Bridge... » | London Ramblings (part 1) » | Helsinki, well worth a trip... and rating Scandina... » | Helsingfors, here we come... finally! » | Toine & The Truth... the good ol' days » 

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 

Funny e-mail...

... well, at least I thought it was. From Bill Simmon's ESPN Mailbag:

Q: My buddies and I were talking about appropriate punishments for dictators like Saddam Hussein, and we came up with an idea that works for everyone and could raise money for the International Criminal Court without using tax dollars. Why not charge admission for people to look at convicted dictators in their jail cells, kind of like a zoo for genocidal megalomaniacs? Think about it: you put them in small, basic cells behind plexiglass and charge 25 euros to watch them go about their day. Tourists could get baked at a local coffee shop and head over to the jail to gawk at Slobodan Milosevic sitting on a cot watching "90210" reruns. You could even charge extra to feed them falafel pellets and shawarma biscuits. This would be a far worse fate for a once-proud dictator then being executed. Who wouldn't pay 25 euros to watch Saddam Hussein in his underwear eating Cheetos?--Kris, Washington

The idea is aweeeeeeeesome!!!!!!!!! And no one could raise claims that death sentences shouldn't be allowed and all that sh*t... This, unlike the EU Constitution, WOULD get my approval!! :P

Then, this is what my "Metro" horoscope for the day brought me:

"Today is the very opposite of a bad hair day. Every curl and wave will be perfectly in place. So use the moment. Hairstyles this stylish don't come along every day"... sounds like a stylish version of "It's your pulling day, DO SOMETHING, the stars are on your side today. Go, go, GOOOOOOOO!!" Whatever, horoscopes should probably just be ignored anyway...

About me

  • Bonjour, I'm Marco, welcome to my little place on the Internet.
  • I started this blog when I arrived in London in early 2006, hence the name “london-connection”. In the meantime I have moved to Paris, after a short stint in Geneva. I like to write about silly stuff, about sports, travelling and going out… just about everything that crosses my mind, actually. The little things that spice life up a bit.
  • I hope you enjoy the trip...
My profile

Visitors

    Thanx for your visit and hope to see you again, soon!

    eXTReMe Tracker