Webstat Free Counter Tracker
Headlines: In Paris, feeling a bit like "Paul West"... (September 27th, 2007, 11:46am) *
Laptop breakdown - French Connection (formerly known as London Connection)

« Home | Goodbye London... Salut Geneve - Quick Roundup » | Boston - Taillights Fade... » | 23rd of May 2007 - One morning - two losses » | 22nd of May 2007: Celtics date with fate » | Rouuuundup » | 7th of May, 21 years ago... a short story of a 6 y... » | Playoff predicitions Conference Semifinals » | Warriors knock out Nowitzki, Mavs » | Playoffs time and other reflections » | Lazy Friday... » 

Thursday, July 05, 2007 

Laptop breakdown

My laptop has given up so I have not been able to update my blog regularly, since my arrival in Geneva, or better said, Ferney-Voltaire, the French town I live in.
Many stories to laugh and cry about, well, Sports was mainly the crying part with about all of my teams in every possible sport failing to achieve something decent and Barça signing a hopefully-not-yet-washed-up Henry.
I also spend the whole last week in Paris, for my training which was well fun and quite motivating... although, the motivation probably peaked in Paris and fell to below 0 levels when the boss of my company and the Director of Switzerland, who happens to be the guy who hired me, announced that they leave the company, leaving my whole "departure to Zurich" in a bit of a vague position. I totally feel now like the player brought in by a coach who believes in him, just for the coach to resign for personal reasons 2 weeks later because he misses his family or so...
Paris is one awesome city and I´m starting to like the Frenchies more and more. I mean, I´ve known a few already in the past years, nice people, but I´ve always been a bit wary I must admit, mainly because of Napoleon, their success in football and their agrary politic in the EU, but hey, except from cab drivers (most of whom are not even French!! or rally French if you know what I mean) and waiters (aka arrogant b*tches), the rest of the World in la France is quite cool. Thumbs up.
So the other day in Paris we had a lovely dinner in a small, cosy restaurant in Montmaitre and guess who was sitting like 2 meters away from me....... Juliette Binoche and her new partner, who to me gave the impression of a filisofic-funny-wannabe with the look of a deep voice ballad singer who never quite managed to make a name for himself. I don´t know, it´s only the first impression buuuut... A propos, she is far from being a stunner or anything in person and her style is off the charts, in a negative way. She spoke excellent English though :P
Alright then, that much for now, in this superquick update. More to be posted soon....

Labels:

About me

  • Bonjour, I'm Marco, welcome to my little place on the Internet.
  • I started this blog when I arrived in London in early 2006, hence the name “london-connection”. In the meantime I have moved to Paris, after a short stint in Geneva. I like to write about silly stuff, about sports, travelling and going out… just about everything that crosses my mind, actually. The little things that spice life up a bit.
  • I hope you enjoy the trip...
My profile

Visitors

    Thanx for your visit and hope to see you again, soon!

    eXTReMe Tracker