Webstat Free Counter Tracker
Headlines: In Paris, feeling a bit like "Paul West"... (September 27th, 2007, 11:46am) *
Playoff predicitions Conference Semifinals - French Connection (formerly known as London Connection)

« Home | Warriors knock out Nowitzki, Mavs » | Playoffs time and other reflections » | Lazy Friday... » | Quote of the Day - The News Agent » | NBA Playoffs predictions » | On the brink of tears and other reflctions » | Fantasy Hoops Curse or the Effects of Tanking » | Quote of the day - "El Olson" » | Time has passed... » | A few random notes on a busy week... » 

Sunday, May 06, 2007 

Playoff predicitions Conference Semifinals

OK, here some quick predictions for Round 2... tough ones...

Cleveland-New Jersey: Cleveland in 7 Just because of Lebron probably, the big three in New Jersey seem to have started clicking just when it matters, although their supporting cast is quite poor...
Detroit-Chicago: Chicago in 7 Not really sure why... Don´t see Detroit being as solid as previous years and Chicago looks like a tough team to beat when they are hitting their midrange jumpers. If Deng and Gordon can do some damage and Big Ben helps out a bit inside, maybe we´ll have an upset here.

Phoenix-San Antonio: Phoenix in 6 The problema is San Antion and Duncan are soooooo solid but Phoenix, with a healthy Nash-Amare-Marion-Barbosa-Diaw group is an impressive team. And they just have to step up in Playoffs once, so why not this year?
Utah-Golden State: This one depends so much on Baron Davis´ hammy... I think Utah matches up with Golden State much better than Houston would have. Utah is very dangerous. Boozer is a touch guy down low and I can´t see anyone on the Warriors stopping him,a s Biedrins is too slow and Al Harrington seems to be a lost case in this playoffs and is not strong enough anyway. So speaking with my heart and hoping Davis plays at full strength I pick Golden State in 6 but considering how good the inside-outside duo of Deron and Boozer is, anything can happen really. I don´t see who possibly stops Okur, although they probably will through Stephen Jax at him, same as they did with Dirk. On the other hand... who takes care of the Warriors backcourt? Harpring? Giricek? They couldn´t guard themselves!!! Fisher, who is too small? I don´t know. Lot´s of mismatches here, two great coaches, a bunch of red hot players (Carlos Boozer and Deron Williams but also Okur on the Jazz and so-far-MVP Baron Davis, Jason Richardson and Stepehen Jackson on the Warriors...) and two great fan bases, the mormons of Utah and the "cosmopolite" Bay Area fans...
Anyway, at least I am happy that both my "surprise teams in the West" before the season started (see here) have made it so far and one will even play in the Conference Finals. Good to say not everything goes strictly accordig to plan in the NBA anymore these days.

As for the first round:

Forecast Outcome
Warriors in 6: Warriors in 6
Rockets in 6: Jazz in 7
Spurs in 7: Spurs in 5
Suns in 6: Suns in 5
Heat in 5: Bulls in 4
Pistons in 5: Pistons in 4
Raptors in 6: Nets in 6
Cavs in 5: Cavs in 4
5/8... well, at least I got the Warriors right :)

Check out these clips from the last meeting between Jazz and Warriors.

Post a Comment

About me

  • Bonjour, I'm Marco, welcome to my little place on the Internet.
  • I started this blog when I arrived in London in early 2006, hence the name “london-connection”. In the meantime I have moved to Paris, after a short stint in Geneva. I like to write about silly stuff, about sports, travelling and going out… just about everything that crosses my mind, actually. The little things that spice life up a bit.
  • I hope you enjoy the trip...
My profile

Visitors

    Thanx for your visit and hope to see you again, soon!

    eXTReMe Tracker