Webstat Free Counter Tracker
Headlines: In Paris, feeling a bit like "Paul West"... (September 27th, 2007, 11:46am) *
Summer Roundup - French Connection (formerly known as London Connection)

« Home | Laptop breakdown » | Goodbye London... Salut Geneve - Quick Roundup » | Boston - Taillights Fade... » | 23rd of May 2007 - One morning - two losses » | 22nd of May 2007: Celtics date with fate » | Rouuuundup » | 7th of May, 21 years ago... a short story of a 6 y... » | Playoff predicitions Conference Semifinals » | Warriors knock out Nowitzki, Mavs » | Playoffs time and other reflections » 

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 

Summer Roundup

I've not been writing here for quite some time (almost two months), mainly due to not having fixed my laptop yet but here is a quick roundup of the past few (or more) weeks:

First of all, sad news, as a Spanish footballer, Antonio Puerta, died yesterday after collapsing in a game played on Saturday eve. Thousands of people pass away every day and yet we normally just feel sorry for the death of those we know, something normal in a way. This one is especially tragical as he was awaiting the birth of his first son and because he was just 22 years old.
I didn’t know Puerta away from a football pitch but he was a good young talent, who had already even been capped with the Spanish national team. People who knew him, say he was a nice bloke as well, that I don’t know. I just will always remember watching him live laying on the pitch and asking my girlfriend what had happened, if he had been elbowed or something… It turned out he had fainted and after several heart attacks his severe condition got worse until he said goodbye to this world yesterday afternoon. And I will remember a good footballer as well. Rest in Peace, Antonio.




Barça's tribute to Puerta

Then, catching up on bad news, well, I am actually starting to doubt if it is bad or good news seeing how things work here, anyway, I am not going to Zürich in the end. Some very crappy and subjective arguments given by the new managers (there was an organizational overhaul just two weeks after my arrival, after which my company’s manager and the country manager quitted the company, and they were the guys WHO BROUGHT ME in the first place…) led to the decision of not continuing with the “Zürich project” and right now I am still in Geneva, exploring my options of moving either to Paris (preferred) or maybe even returning to London… We’ll see.

(Update September 27th, 2007: This is a message that was due to be posted in August... Now I moved to Paris last week and I hope I will be able to keep updating this blog more frequently)

Labels:

Do not complain FOB, after all you've just had the biggest stroke of luck ever! And about time too!

Post a Comment

About me

  • Bonjour, I'm Marco, welcome to my little place on the Internet.
  • I started this blog when I arrived in London in early 2006, hence the name “london-connection”. In the meantime I have moved to Paris, after a short stint in Geneva. I like to write about silly stuff, about sports, travelling and going out… just about everything that crosses my mind, actually. The little things that spice life up a bit.
  • I hope you enjoy the trip...
My profile

Visitors

    Thanx for your visit and hope to see you again, soon!

    eXTReMe Tracker