Webstat Free Counter Tracker
Headlines: In Paris, feeling a bit like "Paul West"... (September 27th, 2007, 11:46am) *
Random thoughts... - French Connection (formerly known as London Connection)

« Home | Quote of the day: » | Gutted! » | Switzerland out... » | Frankfurt: City of Angels... and Supergirls don´t ... » | WALKER (MIAMI) ARE NBA CHAMPIONS » | NBA Mock Draft v1.0 » | Len Bias: Myth & Martyr » | NBA Playoffs: Nowitzki Who? » | Picture of the Day » | London Round up » 

Thursday, June 29, 2006 

Random thoughts...


... it´s a time to think, maybe too much. Ever since arriving in London I´ve tried to figure out what to do in my live or which path to choose. Now, these past weeks have been quite, how could I say, intense, here´s a summary of some of those thoughts and other stuff that recently occured:

- Antoine Walker won an NBA title. Even if it was with Miami, it´s cool. Here´s the guy that I´ve admired most since entering the NBA in 1996. The guy who the few basketball buddies I have could relate me to. It´s been all about Antoine these past NBA years. From the day he was drafted, to the glorious EC Finals, the day he was traded to Dallas, when we brought him back last year for half a season... until his ring with the Heat. I´m just happy for him. Tremendous basketball player. He even holds a record: In the 2002 playoff first round series against Philadelphia, Walker knocked down six 3 pointers in the second quarter alone, the most ever in one quarter of a playoff game.

Really commited to the Celtics as well. And his "wiggle", just awesome. Sometimes you get attached to a player and you don´t know why, with me it´s been Walker and now that he has his ring, it feels good, just that! Congratulations Antoine!!

Flag down!! I just received the following e-mail from my flatmate today:

"Title: Double Loss

Not only Spanish team had not made it to next round... you now also have to take the Spanish flag off your window. Apparently we received some complaints (from neighbours (?), police (?) or God knows who else...)"

Unbelievable!!!! Gotta find out who the little b*tch in my building is. No love for Spain at all...

... I´ve started to think we might be CURSED or something!! I mean, the way out national team always fails, underachieves, gets robbed, etc. is beyond belief. Really!! You can only sense it if you support Spain and maaaaybe a bit if you are an "Engerland, Engerland, Engerland..." fan. Other than that maybe the Dutch have been a bit unlucky but at least they displayed some quality. I was thinking of actually summing up all the Spanish World Cup and European Championship failures over the past 20 years but as I did that with my buddy Cases on the phones yesterday already for like 2 hours. First thoughts of "Will Spain ever get past Quarter Finals in our lifetime?" came up and that´s something considering he´s 33 and I´m 26!!! So instead of torturing myself a bit more, I´ve decided to quit on football... Haven´t checked the Football section of a newspaper in almost 3 days (record!!)... Let´s see how long it lasts. Bets accepted... :P

Other quick thoughts:

I´ll be in Düsseldorf for the weekend next week! Not for the World Cup but for a Rheinparty some of last years colleagues are organising, most notably Pau, Nacho, Jorgito and Dani Nokia... It´s gonna be cool. Last year it was wicked and we even "sold" the word "Chuleten" to a German bloke as a new trendy expression for meat. He even bought into it... Crazy night by all standards! "Zu Spät" song coming up for sure!!! "... doch eines Tages werd´ ich mich rächen..."

Then, I´m still due an update of the Frankfurt-Lautern Road Trip to follow this weekend (hopefully)...

Labels:

About me

  • Bonjour, I'm Marco, welcome to my little place on the Internet.
  • I started this blog when I arrived in London in early 2006, hence the name “london-connection”. In the meantime I have moved to Paris, after a short stint in Geneva. I like to write about silly stuff, about sports, travelling and going out… just about everything that crosses my mind, actually. The little things that spice life up a bit.
  • I hope you enjoy the trip...
My profile

Visitors

    Thanx for your visit and hope to see you again, soon!

    eXTReMe Tracker