Webstat Free Counter Tracker
Headlines: In Paris, feeling a bit like "Paul West"... (September 27th, 2007, 11:46am) *
Pre weekend roundup - French Connection (formerly known as London Connection)

« Home | November Rain... » | Funny e-mail... » | Ramblings and "The Magic of the Potato" » | 10 Months in London, time for a Review! » | A GREAT ONE says goodbye... » | NBA to start tonight!! » | Superhero quizz » | Threatened at Stamford Bridge... » | London Ramblings (part 1) » | Helsinki, well worth a trip... and rating Scandina... » 

Friday, November 24, 2006 

Pre weekend roundup

A short pre-weekend roundup.

Monday started with our flat’s bathroom being fucked and the bathtub not draining properly. It eventually got worse and all the gunk and sh*t started coming out. Nice early morning surprise! Not only that, the sink in the kitchen started leaking as well. I tried sorting out the bathtub problem with a plunger which just led to my flatmate laughing her a** out loudly and my effort obviously not helping whatsoever; actually, in all honesty, it made it worse, more ugly things came out of the pipes. Very, very disgusting I have to tell you and as there’s thing you don’t need to know, I’ll stop here... Let’s just say it was pukish...

I watched Borat (the movie) on Tuesday. Utterly hilarious!! Though, I have to admit, some jokes are over the top and even embarrassing but hey “iz goooood, happy times” like he would say. :P Maybe if you are a Jew you could feel a bit offended, then again, he’s a Jew himself, so…

Sad news on Wednesday. One of my uni mates sent us an email telling us Constante, the 80+ bar owner of KWAI, had died. Rest in peace the good old man. It feels like a part of our youth slipping away… His small bar, an absolute and always crowded classic in Alonso Martínez was and will always be a small part of us. Alcatraz (the bathroom), his pechugas (DYC Whisky with coke) and his “special” sense of humor won’t be forgotten. I remember one Friday night when I entered with 4 mates and he nodded in his characteristic way and asked what we wanted to drink, my friends ordered a “pechuguita” apiece and I just replied “nothing for now” so he looked at me in disbelief and said: “Pero tú eres mariiiiiiiiiiiiica?!?”, which translates to “are you a caaaaamper?!?”. That was Constante, a genius, a myth, an Asturian guy who made a living out of owning the most random bar in the world for more than 30 years. Rest in Peace and down a “pechuga” for us wherever you may be…

Thursday I found this post on http://www.celticsblog.com/! And you thought I had lost it with my Tube Theories post (in Spanish), HA!! This one compares Celtics players to chicks. It’s the dogs bollocks!! Well, I guess not that much if you don’t follow the Celtics on a regular basis but some comparisons are just so good! Fun times with the Celtics then, even if they can’t win a game to save their lives!!
Talking about the Celtics, this is how Paul Pierce compares to the guy labeled as “The Next MJ” (although there won’t be any “Next MJ”), we’re talking about Lebron:



Celtics Pride all the way! Keep it going PP!

… And we also celebrated the bathtub giving been fixed by a plumber on Thursday… with wine!! I’m seriously starting to think my flatmate is the funniest person around… At least TOP3! I feel a bit rough though, this morning…


Friday’s horoscope: “Your rollercoaster week is not over (and it has been one!!!). There are more surprises to come this weekend that may throw a spanner in the works but won’t ruin your plans, just make them more exciting” Wow, happy times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It sounds basically like anything good or bad could happen, from hooking up with Elle McPherson to, well, to… nah, let’s not think about the possible negative side…

So let the weekend start, bring it to me…

Labels:

About me

  • Bonjour, I'm Marco, welcome to my little place on the Internet.
  • I started this blog when I arrived in London in early 2006, hence the name “london-connection”. In the meantime I have moved to Paris, after a short stint in Geneva. I like to write about silly stuff, about sports, travelling and going out… just about everything that crosses my mind, actually. The little things that spice life up a bit.
  • I hope you enjoy the trip...
My profile

Visitors

    Thanx for your visit and hope to see you again, soon!

    eXTReMe Tracker